After the SUITMA11 online conference we will offer excursions in Berlin limited to 40 participants, these will take place on 08.09 and 09.09. The preliminary program includes these topics:
Day 1 (08.09.):
- a second world war debris and brick hill called “Devils Mountain” and a guided tour in a former U.S. military listening station
- soil development on former cemetery, nowadays used as an urban garden
- Talk by Kolja Thestorf (HU Berlin) on the former airfield (Airport Tempelhof): “Soil genesis and properties of former airfields: Case studies from three inner-city airports in the City of Berlin“
Day 2 (09.09): meeting point S-station Friedrichstrasse
Rieselfelder Hobrechtsfelde, a former sewage farm
- history and soil contamination pattern
- soil remediation
- use as recreational area
- alternative agricultural and forest use
The costs will be 200 € for the two excursion days including guided tours, lunch bags and two evening meals.
NOTE: Because of traffic jams and environmental protection aims we will use public transport only. Please download the public transport App BVG tickets via App store or Google play store on your mobile phone and buy the following ticket for every day (08.09. and 09.09.22).
With this ticket you can use all Buses, Trains (S-Bahn, Straßenbahn, U-Bahn) and even some ferrys.
Registration (will end 15.08.22 !!!)
I hereby confirm that I am taking part in the excursion and that I will transfer the participation fee of 200 € after receiving the bank details.